CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 9, 2009

OBAMA WINS NOBEL PRIZE?!?!

A response by Alita Edleman

When I was awoken by the buzzing of Swain, my blackberry, this morning in order to receive the urgent NY Times news report that Barack Obama had won a Nobel Peace Prize my first reaction was WHAT THE HEY?? I mean look, I love Barack Obama. I ruined several pairs of shoes canvassing for him in the wilds of New Hampshire. I spent several weekends in the Philadelphia 'hood registering voters in his name. I changed by facebook middle name to Hussein. I am a democrat.

But I'm also real. Dude, why did he win this?? Even he was surprised! Nominations had to be in by early February--he'd barely even been president by then. Was it, like, a preemptive Nobel Peace Prize?

In any case, I know my boy Barack will treat this with the utmost caution and moderation as he has everything since he became president. Perhaps he'll even propose some milquetoast policy to go along with it, as seems the trend. Anyway, point is, now he has to earn it. I think he's done OK so far, but not great. Now he has to be great.

...Here're the keys to the Benz, Barry. Time to learn how to drive. Don't crash or else 304 million people will die!



0 comments: